A Novel Platform: 2Dzyme
- 2Dzyme is designed, built and engineered grounds-up with the mission to provide an IDEAL solution for RNA-seq library prep solution.
The enzymatic platform is based on multifunctional enzyme from Transposon family. It is heavily engineered to address current sensitivity and workflow limitations.
The enzyme has fundamentally improved properties including very high processivity, strand-displacement and built-in reverse transctriptase activity.
- These features allows efficient conversion of difficult RNA templates (high GC content or strong secondary structure) assuring low bias and high sensitivity.
- This platform captures all types of RNA simultaneously and efficiently incorporates both adapter sequence in a single step, without relying on the addition of non-templated bases or hybridization.
- The libraries generated using 2Dzyme retains >99% strand information.
- 2Dzyme has several other very important features such as: limited to no inhibition due to crude cell lysate and exceptional performance across broad range of RNA quality.
- These features and properties of our Novel enzymatic platform fundamentally enables challenging yet important applications such as liquid biopsy (based on cfRNA), single-cell Transcriptomics, in-situ transcriptomics, FFPE samples, etc.
2D COMPLETE RNA: MOLECULAR BIOLOGY & MECHANISM OF 'CONTINUOUS SYNTHESIS'
The Mechanism of “Continuous Synthesis”: 2Dzyme adds the adaptor to cDNA using the mechanism of 'continues synthesis'.
During this process, an oligo dT primer (with partial adaptor) is annealed to the PolyA tail. 2Dzyme performs the reverse transcription reaction creating the cDNA strand till the 5' end of the RNA molecule using its strand-displacement and high-processivity properties. After reaching the 5’ end of the RNA template, 2Dzyme binds second adapter and continues synthesis without relying on the addition of non-templated bases or hybridization to the second adaptor.
The second adaptor is incorporated at high efficiency due to tight/preferential adapter binding by 2Dzyme. The result of this reaction is the cDNA product that includes template and both adapters sequence. More than 99% of the library is automatically stranded due to 2Dzyme's directional reaction. Adapters are engineered to prevent next (third) template binding.